Clan CAOS l The Ultimate PS3 Gaming Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  Log inLog in  RegisterRegister  
Vote for us!
Top 100 Clans :: Think your clan is the best? Prove it.

Click the image to vote for Clan CAOS!
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

Clan CAOS in 2013..

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Zerotheheroe
Technical Administrator
Technical Administrator
Zerotheheroe

Beta User Award Beta User
Facebook Award FB User
CAOS Points : 679

Clan CAOS in 2013.. Empty
PostSubject: Clan CAOS in 2013..   Clan CAOS in 2013.. I_icon_minitimeTue 4 Sep 2012 - 21:51

Hi,

I've been thinking about this for a long time now, and I think it's time to announce it.

Our current site https://clancaos.forumotion.com has been great and all, but I think it's time we upgrade to something fit for a true clan - and that is, dedicated server hosting /w unlimited bandwidth/disk space.

What does that mean?

We'll still keep the same URL domain (https://clancaos.forumotion.com) but we'll gain access to more stuff we can't even imagine with our current website.

Our current website is with a company called ForuMotion - which is a simple website were 7 year olds can create their own forums.
But here's the thing, I'm not a 7 year old kid.

I could easily handle my own server which is what I'm deciding on if I should tackle or not.

For 3 years of dedicated hosting through Host Gator, it costs $3.96/per month - which is nothing. Currently, it costs me about $37/per year to run this site - which roughly is around $3/per month.

What's the point of continuing this when I can upgrade for a couple more cents and get way more benefits?

When and if I decide to do this, I can use many different features which will hopefully be issued throughout the site's lifetime, such as a vBulletin license, Centova Streamcast, and much more.

All of the other clans use Enjin for their sites, which is fine - but honestly, what's the benefit? Nothing.

The dedicated server has cPanel, which in return will allow me many more security enhancements and additions to the site.
Visit http://www.cpanel.com for more information / demo.

Includes, but not limited to:
- ip deny blocking (block certain IPs from the site)
- phpMyAdmin
- error log (tells me where you guys are having site issues, allows easy fix)
- subdomain / redirect (forum would be forum.clancaos.net and not clancaos.net/forum)
- quickinstall (allows me to install wordpress, etc. easily with a few clicks)
- website builder (allows easy website design, different from the forum theme, wordpress theme, etc.

So instead of being restricted to just the PHBB forum which is basically what our site is, it could be something much greater.

What are the downsides?
- all the previous data, even this topic - would be lost

Our Weebly sites will still be intact. It might only be the profile website which stays online, but still.

It's a small price to pay, but in the long run it'd be worth it and well worth it for the overall clan in general. It's time to move forward.

Since we'd be losing all the data, it would allow us to start fresh - as a clan with somewhat of a skill requirement.
With the new site, new registered members would have to complete a form and evaluation before being accepted.

All current active members will not be removed.

Thanks and reply with questions, etc. for me!

Zerotheheroe
Back to top Go down
http://www.clancaos.net
BrettD18
Major General
Major General
BrettD18

CAOS Points : 13

PostSubject: Re: Clan CAOS in 2013..   Clan CAOS in 2013.. I_icon_minitimeWed 5 Sep 2012 - 22:37

TOTALLY looking forward to it!!!!!!!
gl Smile
Back to top Go down
dane562
Chatbox Moderator
Chatbox Moderator
dane562

CAOS Points : 35

PostSubject: Re: Clan CAOS in 2013..   Clan CAOS in 2013.. I_icon_minitimeFri 7 Sep 2012 - 22:37

Ok guys got my new internet and its very fast so i will start playing again
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Clan CAOS in 2013..   Clan CAOS in 2013.. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Clan CAOS in 2013..
Page 1 of 1