Clan CAOS l The Ultimate PS3 Gaming Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  Log inLog in  RegisterRegister  
Vote for us!
Top 100 Clans :: Think your clan is the best? Prove it.

Click the image to vote for Clan CAOS!
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

Replying to Multiple Topics at Once

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Zerotheheroe
Technical Administrator
Technical Administrator
Zerotheheroe

Beta User Award Beta User
Facebook Award FB User
CAOS Points : 679

Replying to Multiple Topics at Once Empty
PostSubject: Replying to Multiple Topics at Once   Replying to Multiple Topics at Once I_icon_minitimeSun 29 Jul 2012 - 13:19

Hi,

Many new registered users have been replying to every single topic they can find, and I want to address this.

This is considered SPAM and I will not deal with it.

Yes, you're not double posting - but you're bumping old topics.
If it's not on the first page, don't reply to it anymore.

I have the forum set to where older topics aren't deleted after a certain amount of days and their inactivity (responses, etc.) - because I feel it isn't fair to delete your work. Don't make me set it to where it actually DOES do that. You would be mad right?

If you're trying to advance through the forum levels quickly by spamming, doing this, etc. - then I will reset your rank permanently and set it to novice. If you continue to spam after that, I'll just delete your profile - simple as that.

It's not convenient for everyone else, especially when users like I who have their email set to receive topic reply notifications.
I'm not trying to target anyone specifically, but it's been happening from many new members.

25 posts in 1 day of joining isn't fair to those who actually do follow the rules, level up correctly, etc.

Now, I'm not discouraging posting at all - far from it. If there's a topic that's popular, feel free to reply to it - but when you reply to another topic from 2 months ago, it covers the popular topic up - which is inconvenient. That's called thread bumping - which is listed not to do in our Forum Rules - which I encourage you to read.

Also, when you reply to loads of topics at once - people tend to forget their conversations they previously had with other people on their topics, since the recent topic widget is full of your name.

I have 700+ posts and they are all legit, I am the website owner, clan leader, etc. - I post way more than anyone else because it's just how it is. I post updates, news, etc. every day.

So, from now on-
Any new user who joins within 1 day and replies to every topic they can find will be added into a seclusion group which will disable their posting rights until I feel they deserve to have that option again.

I'm not discouraging you from posting, just take it slower.
Also, posting / spamming to earn points wont work either - I can take those also.

Good day,
- Zerotheheroe

Last edited by Zerotheheroe on Sun 29 Jul 2012 - 14:07; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.clancaos.net
Imorwmen
Clan Administrator
Clan Administrator
Imorwmen

CAOS Points : 199

PostSubject: Re: Replying to Multiple Topics at Once   Replying to Multiple Topics at Once I_icon_minitimeSun 29 Jul 2012 - 13:45

I was gonna send you a PM to you about that. I think we should some rules on the forum now because we have at least 1 new member per week.

Thanks erik for posting this Smile
Back to top Go down
FloridaGators816
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
FloridaGators816

CAOS Points : 55

PostSubject: Re: Replying to Multiple Topics at Once   Replying to Multiple Topics at Once I_icon_minitimeSun 29 Jul 2012 - 14:10

Oh okay well im sorry i am doing what your youtube video said when i first joined by finding a topic and posting in it. I apologize for having fun and posting in the topics that i can relate to. I didnt know that bumping older topics i can relate to is considering spamming that is new to me.
Back to top Go down
Zerotheheroe
Technical Administrator
Technical Administrator
Zerotheheroe

Facebook Award FB User

PostSubject: Re: Replying to Multiple Topics at Once   Replying to Multiple Topics at Once I_icon_minitimeSun 29 Jul 2012 - 14:12

FloridaGators816 wrote:
Oh okay well im sorry i am doing what your youtube video said when i first joined by finding a topic and posting in it. I apologize for having fun and posting in the topics that i can relate to. I didnt know that bumping older topics i can relate to is considering spamming that is new to me.

Don't start an argument with me, please. It wasn't just directed towards you - posting in topics you can relate to is fine - just don't reply to 15 topics at once.
Back to top Go down
FloridaGators816
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
FloridaGators816

PostSubject: Re: Replying to Multiple Topics at Once   Replying to Multiple Topics at Once I_icon_minitimeSun 29 Jul 2012 - 14:16

Zerotheheroe wrote:
FloridaGators816 wrote:

Don't start an argument with me, please. It wasn't just directed towards you - posting in topics you can relate to is fine - just don't reply to 15 topics at once.

No no im not trying to start an argument at all im just saying that why would i wait for other people to reply to a certain topic that relates to them when i can go start another convo in another topic and have somebody in there talking to me quicker than anybody else??
Back to top Go down
Zerotheheroe
Technical Administrator
Technical Administrator
Zerotheheroe

Facebook Award FB User

PostSubject: Re: Replying to Multiple Topics at Once   Replying to Multiple Topics at Once I_icon_minitimeSun 29 Jul 2012 - 14:20

FloridaGators816 wrote:
Zerotheheroe wrote:
FloridaGators816 wrote:

No no im not trying to start an argument at all im just saying that why would i wait for other people to reply to a certain topic that relates to them when i can go start another convo in another topic and have somebody in there talking to me quicker than anybody else??

Once again, that's fine - but don't ' start a conversation ' in 15 different topics at once. Especially on ones which haven't been replied to in weeks.
Back to top Go down
FloridaGators816
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
FloridaGators816

PostSubject: Re: Replying to Multiple Topics at Once   Replying to Multiple Topics at Once I_icon_minitimeSun 29 Jul 2012 - 14:21

well those ones could have been popular until somebody started to make new topics to bump them down and then so what they have to move on from a good convo from that old topic to something new?
Back to top Go down
Zerotheheroe
Technical Administrator
Technical Administrator
Zerotheheroe

Facebook Award FB User

PostSubject: Re: Replying to Multiple Topics at Once   Replying to Multiple Topics at Once I_icon_minitimeSun 29 Jul 2012 - 14:44

FloridaGators816 wrote:
well those ones could have been popular until somebody started to make new topics to bump them down and then so what they have to move on from a good convo from that old topic to something new?

Quit re-arranging my words.. seriously.

I guess it works both ways, a good new topic - and people like you bump old topics and cover the good new ones up.

I rather have a new topic then someone spamming the old topics with replies.

Just saying.
Back to top Go down
OmniDeath
Tenebrosi Angelus
Tenebrosi Angelus
OmniDeath

CAOS Points : 36

PostSubject: Re: Replying to Multiple Topics at Once   Replying to Multiple Topics at Once I_icon_minitimeSun 29 Jul 2012 - 15:13

we all make mistakes, but it is up to us to learn from them, thank you zero for posting this, ill try to be careful myself
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/DirgeOfRevelation
Hagan18manning
Clan Administrator
Clan Administrator
Hagan18manning

Facebook Award FB User
CAOS Points : 159

PostSubject: Re: Replying to Multiple Topics at Once   Replying to Multiple Topics at Once I_icon_minitimeSun 29 Jul 2012 - 15:18

Lol WTF. It's just a forum. The only problem I had with it was that it was old topics. Don't feel like we are picking on you though.
Back to top Go down
FloridaGators816
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
FloridaGators816

PostSubject: Re: Replying to Multiple Topics at Once   Replying to Multiple Topics at Once I_icon_minitimeSun 29 Jul 2012 - 17:01

Oh no i don't feel like that at all im not sure why its such a big deal if i post in an old topic who cares. its an old topic. you were the ones to tell me to post anywhere that interests me and so i did just that. your making it like i am spamming and randomly throwing letters together and then submitting the post or posting over my own post. i am simply going through all the other ones checking them out seeing what all the ones are and now its considered spamming? i never knew that was considered spamming. if you don't want to delete peoples work then why keep people restricted from posting in there topics. If your doing anything your already deleting their work by not allowing people to post in there.
Back to top Go down
Zerotheheroe
Technical Administrator
Technical Administrator
Zerotheheroe

Facebook Award FB User

PostSubject: Re: Replying to Multiple Topics at Once   Replying to Multiple Topics at Once I_icon_minitimeSun 29 Jul 2012 - 17:16

Who owns the site? Who makes the rules? This isn't a big deal I just told EVERYONE NOT JUST YOU to stop replying to every topic on the forum.
Back to top Go down
FloridaGators816
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
FloridaGators816

PostSubject: Re: Replying to Multiple Topics at Once   Replying to Multiple Topics at Once I_icon_minitimeSun 29 Jul 2012 - 18:31

Okay your right you make the rules so can i just make a lot topics like you did? is that okay or can i not do it?
Back to top Go down
Zerotheheroe
Technical Administrator
Technical Administrator
Zerotheheroe

Facebook Award FB User

PostSubject: Re: Replying to Multiple Topics at Once   Replying to Multiple Topics at Once I_icon_minitimeSun 29 Jul 2012 - 18:46

FloridaGators816 wrote:
Okay your right you make the rules so can i just make a lot topics like you did? is that okay or can i not do it?

I'm sick of this garbage, just shut up seriously - you're already on a bad note in the clan. Quit making it worse. You're ticking me off and I never get mad at clan members.
Back to top Go down
Zerotheheroe
Technical Administrator
Technical Administrator
Zerotheheroe

Facebook Award FB User

PostSubject: Re: Replying to Multiple Topics at Once   Replying to Multiple Topics at Once I_icon_minitimeMon 30 Jul 2012 - 22:45

Topic Re-opened.

In order to fix this, I have set the flood control to 35 seconds - which means after sending a message, either a post, topic, etc - then you'll have to wait 35 seconds before posting again.

Before it was only 10 seconds.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Replying to Multiple Topics at Once   Replying to Multiple Topics at Once I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Replying to Multiple Topics at Once
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Clan CAOS l The Ultimate PS3 Gaming Clan :: CAOS HQ :: Forum Rules and Regulations-
Jump to: